Zigbee Presence sensors - Distance reporting, Network Flooding

Zigbee device Development

tandarra

These presence detectors are reporting data every second.
The main reason for this is to get the distance feedback however this is flooding the zigbee network with data most people do not need.

There has been a reported fix to toggle on/off distance report - Can we get this published?

There are a few places this is being discussed -

https://github.com/Koenkk/zigbee2mqtt/issues/19045
https://github.com/wzwenzhi/Wenzhi-ZigBee2mqtt/issues/1

Attachments
Distance Report
Distance Report
bandito_nl

Re: Zigbee Presence sensors - Distance reporting, Network Flooding

+1

To clarify: this include the device-types ZY-M100-S1 and ZY-M100-S2.

Until this issue is fixed, this otherwise great product is unusable.

andregoncalvespires

This behavior actually harms the acceptance of the product itself. I stopped purchasing others for this reason. The difficulty in having the firmware updated is frustrating.

vaer

I am here to express my desire for this. I purchased 12 of these sensors and they are paperweights without it.

kkossev

@Tuya

Please make the mmWave sensors distance and the luminance reports configurable and disabled by default.

casaSmartFL

As a home automation enthusiast, it's incredibly frustrating to see such a powerful and capable sensor being held back by Tuya's inability to make it work properly. It's a real letdown when the software doesn't live up to the potential of the hardware.

Please make the mmWave sensors distance and the luminance reports configurable and disabled by default.

marktheknife

kkossev 2024年 Jul 24日 02:10

@Tuya

+1 on this request. Please implement.

iot_man

The software behavior of this sensor is designed by the developer, and tuya only provides a hardware module and the basic API of the zigbee protocol stack. This data reporting strategy is designed by the developer. You can contact the vendor to solve such problems.
Reference: @ fillwe https://github.com/Koenkk/zigbee2mqtt/i ... 2225216518

kkossev

Hi @iot_man, thank you for the reply!

It is not a single vendor, but almost all mmWave sensors built on the Tuya platform have this spammy behavior.
There are probably 30 or more manufacturers whose 'human presence sensors' behave the same way —flooding the Zigbee network with unnecessary distance and luminance reports every second.

Are all these different vendors / OEMs using a common mmWave software application template (or guidance) provided by Tuya?

iot_man

These different vendors may all use the same developer firmware, and our platform only provides basic data sending and receiving capabilities. The frequency at which data is sent is entirely up to the developer.