Zigbee Presence sensors - Distance reporting, Network Flooding

Zigbee device Development

iot_man

tandarra 2024年 Aug 1日 18:54

Have also sent through copy of virtual ID from smartlife app, via PM and Email.
Thanks again

I received the message you sent me and we are trying to contact the developer.

bandito_nl

Re: Zigbee Presence sensors - Distance reporting, Network Flooding

Dear @iot_man, any news on the updates? I haven't seen anything on my end.

Also a question: do my presence sensors need to be online when the update is pushed, or will the update be made available to me, and I can install it at my convenience?

iot_man

bandito_nl 2024年 Aug 6日 15:06

Dear @iot_man, any news on the updates? I haven't seen anything on my end.

Also a question: do my presence sensors need to be online when the update is pushed, or will the update be made available to me, and I can install it at my convenience?

We're still trying to contact the developer

kkossev

Let us know if we can be of any additional help.

My understanding is that at least 20 different OEMs have produced 20 different variations of the mmWave devices. The firmware differs in the Tuya Data Points used, but the most problematic are in one and the same group :

Code: Select all

fingerprints  : [
                [manufacturer:'_TZE200_ztc6ggyl'], [manufacturer:'_TZE204_ztc6ggyl'], [manufacturer:'_TZE200_ikvncluo'], [manufacturer:'_TZE200_lyetpprm'], [manufacturer:'_TZE200_wukb7rhc'],
                [manufacturer:'_TZE200_jva8ink8'], [manufacturer:'_TZE200_mrf6vtua'], [manufacturer:'_TZE200_ar0slwnd'], [manufacturer:'_TZE200_sfiy5tfs'], [manufacturer:'_TZE200_holel4dk'],
                [manufacturer:'_TZE200_xpq2rzhq'], [manufacturer:'_TZE204_qasjif9e'], [manufacturer:'_TZE204_xsm7l9xa']
            ],

Can you identify the developers by the Zigbee manufacturer ID ?

kkossev

[/quote]
We're still trying to contact the developer
[/quote]

And another question—in the list above, there are 13 different manufacturers that use one and the same set of Tuya Data Points (and which send the distance every single second).

Will it be possible to have an OTA file that can be applied for all these 13 different manufacturers?

bandito_nl

Still no update?

tandarra

I've had an update from Loginovo however I am away for work if someone else is able to test their devices.

Attachments
Screenshot_2024-08-20-18-16-44-42_57e717c094f371a1dada6567a1123b99.jpg
bandito_nl

On vacation till end of August :(

kkossev

bandito_nl 2024年 Aug 20日 21:38

On vacation till end of August :(

Have a good summer vacation, and don't hold your breath—this 'solution' does not solve the problem. The Loginovo-branded device will still spam the Zigbee network with unnecessary distance reports every second.

Removing the distance report Data Point in the external convertor will only prevent the distance readings to be sent to the MQTT broker (but will most probably generate warnings in the detailed Z2M logs).

tandarra 2024年 Aug 20日 18:52

I've had an update from Loginovo

Can you ask the AliExpres drop-shipper to try to contact the actual manufacturer of this device, asking to modify the firmware and add a Zigbee command option to disable the distance reports effectively?

tandarra

I have asked loginovo to make changes to the firmware to disable reporting or have adjustable interval reporting such as wenzhi is looking to implement, i'm still not convinced this solution will be okay but time will tell.

I am unsure if loginovo have their own engineers or from the manufactuer, i have seen someone else post that loginovo are the manufactuer for their devices?

They also suggest that I use smartlife or tuya app instead of zigbee2mqtt as its thirdparty and they have no control over it, that the product is for measuring distance and if I want something more simple a PIR sensor might be better?! That I have too many zigbee devices as my gateway can only handle 25.

Not sure if they are trying to just make me give up or what?

Seems like the only tuya presence sensor working to what would be ideal for my setup is the WZ75-24g