Tuya garage door opener not exposed

Matter gateway, Matter bridge, Matter over Wi-Fi, and Matter over thread development.

wmbauer

Hi!

This garage door opener (ID: bf9832ca61e904fbc7fsal) doesn't get exposed over Matter.
Could you enable it?

Kind Regards,
Wolfgang

huangxh

Re: Tuya garage door opener not exposed

wmbauer 2024年 Sep 7日 17:42

Hi!

This garage door opener (ID: bf9832ca61e904fbc7fsal) doesn't get exposed over Matter.
Could you enable it?

Kind Regards,
Wolfgang

This is a new device type, and we will think about how to support it.
thanks

qiusui

Hello!

Thanks for your feedback, this garage door opener (ID: bf9832ca61e904fbc7fsal) has been used as a switch bridge to the matter. After re-connecting the device to the gateway, please confirm whether the exception has been resolved. If there are other exceptions, please let us know again.

Kind Regards,
Quisui

wmbauer

Thank you for your very quick help.
It now works as a switch. But isn't it possible to expose it as an actual garage door opener? HomeKit can do it, but I'm not sure if Matter supports garage doors.

qiusui

wmbauer 2024年 Sep 11日 02:10

It now works as a switch. But isn't it possible to expose it as an actual garage door opener? HomeKit can do it, but I'm not sure if Matter supports garage doors.

I will check whether this type is supported and I will reply to your conclusion later.

qiusui

wmbauer 2024年 Sep 11日 02:10

Hi, Wolfgang

I have learned that Matter does not support this category now. You can use this device as a switch for the time being. After the alliance supports this category, we will make corresponding configuration according to the specific definition.

Kind Regards,
Quisui

wmbauer

Hi Quisui,

thank you very much for your help! You guys are very helpful, thank you so much!

qiusui

wmbauer 2024年 Sep 11日 22:12

Hi Quisui,

thank you very much for your help! You guys are very helpful, thank you so much!

You're welcome. It's our pleasure to help you. Have a nice day!