Building a custom Zigbee sensor

Zigbee device Development

aknarts

Hello,

I am trying to prototype a custom sensor using the Zigbee SoC Board V2 (ZTU) board. I am having couple setup issues that I just do not get.

I am trying to use the Wind IDE extension for VS code to write my code that I do want to get onto the device. As far as I found it should be possible to use just this board and not rely on Arduino or similar external board to process the data from the sensor(it sends that through serial TX/RX pins and it does require couple lines of code to get and validate the data from the sensor).

Is my assumption correct that I can upload a program onto the board itself or should I just give up on that idea and use it as just a wireless module?

If that is the case does anyone have experience/guide with doing that?(I can manage the Arduino part, my issue is with having the sensor data recognized on my network i.e. how do I make the device send the correct data, it is just a simple ultrasound depth sensor, so just one value to send)

There is a device for flashing firmware onto the device that I see on the Platform, is that something I will need? My original understanding is that the serial connection over USB should be enough but I am having tough time to connect to that as well.

Anyone has any experience with the board at all?

I am essentially trying to recreate this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jriRW4rGQp4) water level sensor but using Zigbee as that is my network of choice.

bruce-15019291937

Re: Building a custom Zigbee sensor

Do you want to obtain the ultrasound depth sensor data through the Zigbee SoC Board V2 (ZTU) board and send it to the app for display? If I understand correctly, I can definitely do it this way. The ZTU is capable of implementing data collection and network communication.

aknarts

Thanks for the reply, I ended up using a small arduino board along side it that decodes the data, it is a neat little combo.

What I am stuck on now is the Module burning. As far as I understand I need to burn in the firmware for the DP to be recognized. Sadly I am not able to do so. My understanding is that the SOC should have the UART communication chip on it so it should be just a matter of having the driver installed which I have, having the pins correctly setup and running the Cloud Module Burning Authorization Platform tool with my token to burn the firmware with the appropriate DPs setup.

Sadly all I get is a "Connection Error". I even purchased an external UART chip and wired it with the same result, tried on two separate SOC boards to validate it is not a product issue but most likely something between the keyboard and chair.

Attachments
Tuya2.png
Tuya.png
huanghuan

1. Hello, for the production test part, you can check the \TuyaOS\docs\2_产测说明.md 文档 document;
  2. ZT series module you need to use telink BDT burning tool for burning, please confirm whether you have it;
  3. Do you need burn authorization or do you just need to write the required pid to the module through the serial port? ;
aknarts

I just need to write the PID to the module, I just need to be able to post the data. My initial endpoint is a home assistant server not tuya cloud.

aknarts

I do not have the telink BDT I did order the first one from Tuya from this list https://developer.tuya.com/en/docs/iot/ ... ing%20tool

huanghuan

After the device is activated on the Internet, the pid can no longer be modified through the serial port.

huanghuan

Normal use, only the type of device specially used for serial port connection will have the function of modifying pid through serial port, and the rest of the products are no longer allowed to modify pid after the factory writes pid