sensor device connection with STM32WB and zigbee

Zigbee device Development

eskomj

Hello,

The sensor device should be connected to the gateway with zigbee connection. Sensor is CO2 sensor and RF module is STB32WB device. The goal is to get readings into Tuya smarthome app. What I have learned so far, is that zigbee connection support is only for Tuya's own RF modules which uses serial communication between mcu and RF module. How connection should be done in my case? STM32WB has it's own zigbee api.

Esko

iot_man

Re: sensor device connection with STM32WB and zigbee

hi,
You can join the tuya gateway through zigbee3.0 standard.

eskomj

I understand so that I should use Zigbee Chip SDK, but I can't find it from github. Zigbee Chip SDK is documented here:
https://developer.tuya.com/en/docs/iot/ ... 5rwds72lfr

It says there:
"Tuya Zigbee EFR32 SDK applies to the development of smart products that comply with the Zigbee 3.0 standard."

I am not shure what I should do when I use other mcu than EFR32. In my case chip is STM32WB.

zeso

At present, there are two main ways for developers based on Tuya zigbee modules:
1.SOC solution: Also known as openCPU, using the processor that build in the module as the main processor, developers can use the development documents and APIs provided by TuyaOS for secondary development to achieve application functions;
2.Serial port solution: The developer-side MCU communicates with the module through serial port, and the module is only used as a data transmission module;

Of course, the Tuya zigbee Gateway supports Standard zigbee 3.0 device access (such as the STM32WB you mentioned), which requires device behavior to be fully compliant with the Zigbee Base Device Behavior Specification and zigbee 3.0 standard.

By the way, three-party access may not be able to use all the services of Tuya Cloud.

我的栈溢不出。

zeso

Use Tuya zigbee chip SDK which means you can use the recommended two development methods, and easily get the Tuya Cloud service. In this case,You can install the windIDE extension through vscode to obtain the corresponding SDKs or application packages.Please reference: https://developer.tuya.com/en/docs/iot- ... y6kfuuqqu3
If other modules are used, only the zigbee3.0 standard behavior can be used to access the Tuya zigbee gateway.

Last edited by zeso on 2024年 Jan 3日 18:10, edited 1 time in total.

我的栈溢不出。

eskomj

Thanks,
I'll try that last option first. I'll ask more then.

eskomj

I am trying to make developement environment in a WindIde. Here comes the problem:

Developement mode: TuyaOS os developement
Type dev kit -> Subdevice developement->Zigbee device delelopement kit
Developement platform: Wireless soc -> Silabs (only Silabs is selectable)

Only soc wendor what I can select is Silabs. What I should select for STM32WB, whics is STMicroelectronics soc?

Tuyaos_device_select.jpg
zeso

Dear Developer!
The development framework based on TuyaOS currently supported platform are:

• EFR32MG21
  • EFR32MG24
  • TLSR8258
  • PHY622X

SDKs other than EFR32MG2x platforms need to apply for permission first.

the STM32WB platform is currently not supported,and can only be accessed as a three-party devices.

我的栈溢不出。

eskomj

I could try that path:
"can only be accessed as a three-party devices."

It should be done by direct zigbee programming in stm32wb developement environment?

zeso

it's okay to do that.

我的栈溢不出。