Service APIs required by a Smart Home IoT Project

Developer Platform features usage and feedback.

fjaviersr

Hello,

I have followed the instructions in developer docs to develop with the Python SDK (tuya-iot-python-sdk). My main purpose, at least for now, is to control my own smart lock using Python code and the "Smart Lock Open APIs".

I have been able to make it work, but I'm a bit confused about the required Service APIs por my purpose.

Initially, I enabled "IoT Core" and "Authorization Token Management" for the project using a free trial. But I have seen that the trial expires in just one month, so I'm not sure if the code will stop working when the trial expires.

In order to test it in advance, I have disabled the services for my app, and it seems that the code is still working. Does it mean that no Service APIs are required for that purpose? Or maybe it's working just temporarily until the authorization is effectively revoked or until my trial of the services expire?

I would like to know if those services are required or not because it doesn't make much sense to me to develop something that will only work during few days, or paying an expensive subscription just to control a single personal device.

Thanks in advance!

JamesG

Re: Service APIs required by a Smart Home IoT Project

For personal development experience and interface availability guarantee, please apply for an extension of the IoTCore service.

fjaviersr

Re: Service APIs required by a Smart Home IoT Project

Ok. thank you!