Google App Review Team can't login

App development related product technical discussions, including OEM App, App SDK, device control interface development, mini program development and other topics.

NOKO

Hello,

I am having problems on submitting app to Google Play Store. I have created the app using the "Smart Life App SDK".
My problem is that the Google Play Review team can't login to my app using the login information I have provided to them. I have created an account for them using the country code 1 (America) and I have received the verification code for that account from Western America Data Center (mail: system.az@notice.2.ismartlife.me).

I live in different continent so is it possible that the account is still somehow linked with different data center than the Western America?
In the sdk documentation (https://developer.tuya.com/en/docs/app- ... 9qtzy9l8nc), there is written this:
"The data in different data centers is isolated from each other. For example, an account that is registered in America (1) cannot be used in mainland China (86). Otherwise, an error message is returned to indicate that the account does not exist. For more information, see Data center.".
So I have tried to solve this issue by creating the account using the America country code, but it doesn't still work.
Can this be caused because I have the test device located and connected to internet in different continent?
If the test device location causes the problem is there any possibility to solve this somehow?

Has anyone else faced the same problem? If you have faced the same problem or might know the solution for my problem I would seriously appreciate your help. Any Tips or suggestions are welcome :) .

taoyuanxiaoqi

Re: Google App Review Team can't login

Could you please share the code for your account registration?

:idea: 文章信口雌黄易,思想锥心坦白难。
daxiong

Firstly, data isolation is only related to the location associated with the account you used to register the app, and it is not influenced by your current physical location. If you need to provide login account information to the Google review team, you must also provide the password, rather than logging in through a verification code. Of course, in general, if you do not provide your login account to Google, the Google review team can create their own account for the purpose of app submission review.

NOKO

@daxiong Regarding the verification code, I meant the numeric code that users receive via email when registering their account. I wanted to highlight this point because the account I created for the review team received the verification code from the Western America Data Center (email: system.az@notice.2.ismartlife.me). This created the impression that the account was intended for the Western America servers and should be accessible in the US. Typically, when I register an account with my own country code, I receive the verification code from the European Data Center (email: system.eu@notice.2.ismartlife.me). Therefore, the Google review team account should be created in a different Data Center that is suitable for their use. I am still trying to understand why the accounts I provided to them are not working, even though the server should be correct. When the review team tries to log in, they only receive the "invalid client, no access" error, indicating that they are attempting to log in from the wrong country/data center location.
The login information I provided to the review team is as follows:
Country Code: 1
Email: real_working_email
Password: 1234

@taoyuanxiaoqi Below is the registration code you requested. The 'registerCallback' is a function that I created to handle the received response. When I registered these accounts, I received a successful response, and the accounts worked for me.

Code: Select all

ThingHomeSdk.getUserInstance().registerAccountWithEmail(
                    countryCode,
                    email,
                    password,
                    verificationCode,
                    registerCallback
                )

Thanks to both of you for your help so far.

daxiong

https://developer.tuya.com/en/docs/app- ... 9nt96cw0uj

Step 4: Configure AppKey, AppSecret, and certificate signature

Configure the app certificate:

Generate an SHA-256 hash value. For more information, see the document of Android and How to Get SHA1 and SHA256 Keys.
Enter the SHA256 keys in the certificate.

Please take a look here.

NOKO

Hi, I checked that the project AppKey and AppSecret match with the ones specified in the AndroidManifest.xml and the format is same. I also checked that the app SHA-256 key matches the one specified for the project in Tuya.

I also tested the 'release.abb' that I sent to the google play by generating apk-file from it and it worked with out errors.
a Thing I have also noticed is that I can login from Europe with the user created for the review team without any errors, even thought the country code is 1 (US). I didn't find any "hardcoded" country codes from the project code, and the emails are coming from right servers where they should with the given country code.

Can the problem be with the SDK version or the Android version I am using? Currently my SDK version is 5.1.0 and I have specified Android SDK version 33 (Android 13) to the store. If the review team is using Android 14+ phones, could it cause this?

daxiong

I understand the reason for the issue now. It is due to the fact that when you publish your app on Google Play, Google Play will re-sign your app. You need to fill in the re-signed SHA256 back into the Tuya IoT platform.

Certainly, here's a draft translation based on the provided document:https://developer.tuya.com/en/docs/iot/ ... gle%20Play

Launch app on Google Play

taoyuanxiaoqi

Hello, you can double check whether it is caused by Google re-signing the signature file of the listed APP. A year ago, I wrote a similar post, sorry that it is only in Chinese at the moment.
viewtopic.php?t=46

taoyuanxiaoqi

If it is the problem I am talking about, the typical phenomenon is that our local development and installation package is normal, but there will be problems when it is put on Google Play. The reason is that Google re-signing was turned on and the SHA256 value of Google's new signature file was not updated back to the Tuya platform. You can refer to the tips in this document:https://developer.tuya.com/en/docs/app- ... 20versions

doc.png
NOKO

Okay, thank you I will test this out :D .