Notifications Permissions (Android)

App development related product technical discussions, including OEM App, App SDK, device control interface development, mini program development and other topics.

lilia

My app asks for Notifications permissions, but I don't request them. It seems like they come from Tuya SDK because if I remove Tuya SDK integrations it won't ask for it anymore.
How can I remove / make app not ask for Notifications Permissions if I don't need it? (It doesn't added by me anywhere)

callannna

Re: Notifications Permissions (Android)

Can you tell me which lib dependency to use? Is it only "thingsmart", or and use “thingsmart-bizbundle-xx”, or "thingsmart-expansion-sdk"?

lilia

It's only thingsmart

callannna

I apologize for the initial generic response. I've used the latest version of the SDK in the GitHub example on Android 12, 13, and 14 phones, and I didn't encounter the problem you mentioned. You should first check if there is a POST_NOTIFICATIONS permission request in your app's manifest file or if there are operations related to message notifications. If there are, you can try changing the targetSdkVersion to 33 or above. You can refer to the documentation for more information about this permission.(https://developer.android.google.cn/dev ... n?hl=zh-cn

lilia

I don't have POST_NOTIFICATIONS in my application and any other manipulation with notifications. And when I run java example from Github it also asking about notifications permissions. I'll try to investigate it in example more

callannna

Are you using the latest version? You can try version 5.8.1. 'com.thingclips.smart:thingsmart:5.8.1'

callannna

If it still doesn't work, please provide us with the version number of your mobile operating system, the model of your phone, and the scenario in which the request for notification permissions is triggered, such as whether it occurs on startup, or only with certain devices, and what type of device it is. Please provide us with as much detailed information as possible, and also send us a screenshot of the notification permission request prompt.

lilia

Upgrading to the version 5.8.1 helped! I was using 5.5.3.
Thank you!